Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Daddy

Daddy,Why did you leave?
I didn't get a chance to say good-bye.
I miss you so much.
I wish that you were here, you were the only one that I could talk to.
You listened and didn't argue, you didn't care how I dressed or acted as long as I was comfortable, you were at all my events, no matter how far away they were, you were the one always telling me to keep my head up.
You always told me to shoot for the stars, and I did, and look at me now.
You were the one to always bring me to practice for all the different events that I played for, no matter how early you had to get out of work.
You will never be there for senior night.
Why did you have to leave?
You were the only one who understood me.
Yeah, Mom doesn't understand me the way you did.
We fight all the time because she doesn't understand me.
Why did you leave?
You will never be able to see me at my senior prom, or graduate from high school, or get married and walk me down the aisle, or meet your grandchildren.
Why did you leave?
Yes my friends have been there and have helped me so much, but each time I look in the mirror I see you, you made me the person I am today, and for that I want to thank you- you taught me so much.
No one can ever take your place.
The day that I was told, it was a warm sunny day, perfect for a drive , and I was just hoping that It was a dream, but it isn't and now I have to live the rest of my life without a Daddy.
One last thing Daddy, I want you to know that I love you so much even though I never told you, and I miss you more than ever right now, so please save me a spot in heaven right next to you.
I dedicate this poem to my dad, love u so much

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

im simply crying

Anonymous said...

i can udnerstand very well what you been going thur ....

Anonymous said...

you just got me goose bumps

Anonymous said...

love this poem , ur the best mwah

Anonymous said...

this is such a beautiful poem .. im in love with this , n im crying

Anonymous said...

Miss you daddy >!

Anonymous said...

ur good at this woah , love this .. thubs up

Anonymous said...

************************************************************************************************************************************


are these stars enough to comment on this poem .. [ too good ]

Anonymous said...

love this poem ...... this poem reminds me of my dad so much miss u dad....

Anonymous said...

i salute you .. this gives me goosebums ...

Anonymous said...

i remember the gud days ... gud poem far most the best

Anonymous said...

touched my heart ... its the best poem ive ever read .. kudos

Anonymous said...

8-( by the poem , 8-0 (*)for the poem , beautiful