Thursday, October 8, 2009

Wake Up Sid Reviews

Ive Got to say this : What a Movie mahn !!
Thanks to Ayan Mukherjee for directing such a beautiful, sober, clean, funny n simple movie. I'm really impressed with Ayan's work n i think no one else than him could direct this movie so well n so real ....
Honestly I decided to watch this movie 'early morning' with my friends and the first thought in my mind was " Is it worth watching? ", " Is it worth wasting my 3 hrs in a theater? "... I'm really not a Bollywood Fan and not a Bollywood Movie Fan either. I really didn't wanna create a hole in my pocket n waste 3 hrs just glued to the chair; But when i saw Wake up Sid i wanted to slap myself [ (Hypothetical) not really ] as my mind is completely Changed about Hindi Movies. The best compliment i could give to Wake up Sid was " I Just felt as if i was a part of the Movie ", which again is the most difficult part of any Director to create that realistic Atmosphere n Ayan really achieved it. Once again I really Loved the movie : the concept, the simplicity, the direction... precisely "Everything" It was awesome. I Strongly agree with the radio jockey who said " Wake up Sid is one of the best teen movie since DIL CHAHTA HAI. "
I really wont discuss the story of the movie but the whole movie mostly revolves around SID a.k.a Ranbir Kapoor. I have never seen any movie of Ranbir, but then after watching this movie i really think he will make it big in the bollywood industry. Must mention this " I really loved those cartoon T-shirts he wore n i already have one of them " hahaha....
Konkana sen sharma is again looking stunning. Her beauty and simplicity just added magic in the movie [ like always ].
I have to even mention all the other characters of the movie, 'coz they also played their role/ part very well .. Hats Off.
Some things about the movie that i really need to mention is the scene where konkana asks sid [ ranbir kapoor ] to take her to a a place where she could feel the real Bombay Sori Mumbai hahaha [ Controversy ] n then Sid takes her to Marine Drive n that's the part i love the most where konkana says that " Theres no doubt that people in Mumbai love water 'coz even if Mumbai develops or changes, water is the only thing that will be the same forever." So True!. Love the way they have spoken about Mumbai its so so so much Real unlike those movies where they only show the slum part of mumbai.
I can go Gaga about this movie but at the end i have to even mention the major share holder of this Movie " THE MUSIC ". I mentioned it at the end 'Coz its worth talking about. Music was by Shankar-Ehsaan-Loy n they are just Fabuolous, and the songs i adore from the movie is :- "Kya Karoon" by Clinton Cerajo, "Aaj Kal Zindagi" by Shankar Mahadevan & "Iktara" by Kavita Seth, Amitabh Bhattacharya. I already got the OG CD[ original CD ] of the movie as soon as i got out the theater.
Btw Wake up Sid is also one of the hottest topic in Twitter and other Websites. n i personally love the album cover pics of Ranbir Kapoor. I wanna have my Photos Clicked like that as well. Too much Right.
P.S : I watched this Movie twice on the same day.
To know more about the Story Do visit the Official Website http://www.wakeupsid.com/
Ranbir Kapoor ... Sidharth "Sid" Mehra Konkona Sen Sharma ... Aisha Bannerjee Anupam Kher ... Ram Mehra (Sid's Father) Supriya Pathak ... Sarita Mehra (Sid's Mother) Jason Mehta ... Chotu (House-help at Sid's place) Namit Das ... Rishi Shikha Talsania ... Laxmi Rahul Khanna ... Kabir Kashmira Shah ... Sonia Atisha Naik ... Mrs Bapat Kainaz Motiwala ... Tanya Mukesh Rawal ... Tanya's dad

No comments: